Below are some of the commonly asked questions about The Fund.
- What are the distributions of the Fund?
- When are the distributions paid?
- When did the distributions start?
- What is the tax treatment of the distributions?
- How are distributions to unitholders treated for tax purposes?
- What is the ticker symbol for the Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund?
1. What are the distributions of the Fund?
Recent distributions have been 11.50¢ per unit per month. Annualized, this translates to $1.38 per unit.
2. When are the distributions paid?
Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund pays unitholders a monthly distribution. The distributions are paid on the last business day of each month. See the Distribution History Table under the Results section of this website for a historical record of distributions.
3. When did the distributions start?
The first distribution of 4.20¢ per unit for the 15-day period from July 17, 2002 to July
31, 2002 was paid on August 30, 2002. The first monthly distribution of 8.33¢ per unit was
paid September 30, 2002.
4. What is the tax treatment of the distributions?
The following table provides a history of the distribution breakdown:
5. How are distributions to unitholders treated for tax purposes?
Starting with the 2011 taxation year, the taxable component of distributions to unitholders are classified as eligible dividends from a taxable Canadian corporation. Eligible dividend treatment is generally beneficial for Canadian resident investors holding their BPF.UN units in a taxable account compared to the previous classification of ordinary income because of the ability for individuals to claim a dividend tax credit. The tax deferred return of capital component is not immediately taxable, instead it is allocated to reduce the cost base of the investment. Holders of BPF.UN should obtain tax advice from a professional tax advisor regarding the tax implications of purchasing, holding or selling BPF.UN units.
6. What exchange are the units of the Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund traded on?
Units are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
7. What is the ticker symbol for the Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund?
Top of page